The Great Lakes Museum of Military History is located just 60 miles East of Chicago, IL. Easily accessible from Hwy 12, Hwy 20, Hwy 421, and I-94 in Michigan City, Indiana.
Museum programs and services include:
- Specialized tours for classes and groups including a pre-and post-test. (Please make an appointment two weeks prior to your visit.)
- Free speakers to classes, groups and organization
- Research library (see partial list of library books)
- Archive (available to military history students and researcher by appointment)
- Quarterly newsletter Monthly or bi-monthly programs and displays in the Learning Center (see Schedule and )
- Vehicle displays at special events and in parades (see )
Memorial Day through Labor Day - 9 AM to 4 PM, Tues. through Fri., 10 AM to 4 PM Sat., Noon to 4 PM Sun. Closed Mondays.
Labor Day to Memorial Day - Same except closed Sun. and Mon.
Closed on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day, and Thanksgiving.
Admission: $2 for adults, $1 for veterans, seniors and children ages 8 to 18...under 8 free!